- Prices range from $45-190, depending on the size of the shell.
- Each shell is a completely original piece of art.
- Paints are non-toxic acrylics made for painting on porcelain.
- Art is top-coated with acrylic gloss varnish for protection.
- The shells are all from farmed Pacific oysters, either gathered with permission from farms like Taylor Shellfish, or provided by local Seattle restaurants like Restaurant Christine.
Painted Oyster Shells at the Seattle Art Museum
Image gallery updated July 5, 2023.
My hand-painted oyster shells are now for sale in the shop at the Seattle Art Museum (SAM). All the plants and animals depicted are native to the Pacific Northwest.
As each shell is unique, there is no easy way for the shop to offer them for sale online. However, the shop is happy to sell shells over the phone or to answer inquiries via email. They ship.
Prices range from $45-190, depending on size.
SAM shop hours: 10 AM – 5 PM (Pacific), Wed – Sun
SAM shop phone: (206) 654-3120
SAM shop email: [email protected]
If you see a shell you like, please call or email the shop and ask if it is still available.